Memory Care Communities
Sensory Outings Company brings Montessori-inspired activities for early to late-stage dementia residents at memory care communities in the Denver metro area including Arvada, Westminster, Lakewood, Littleton, Greenwood Village, Highland Ranch, Castle Rock and Longmont areas. We offer 1 hour program in mornings or afternoons for $55-$75 depending on frequency and number of residents.
Sensory Outings professionals give individual interaction, maximum engagement and meaningful socialization to group of memory care residents. Click here for an article about Montessori Methods (Today’s Geriatric Medicine).
Activities (examples of activities that our Activities Specialist provide):
- Workshop: early to middle stage dementia: Build-a-box, nuts & bolts, globe & maps, flash light repair, and wrenches & screws. Middle to late stage dementia: Pipes & tubes, tool matching, sanding, wood duck polishing, poker chips sorts, and golf balls & mini-muffin tin.
- Matching: dominoes, color matching, playing cards, memory cards (NFL teams, MLB teams, Animals, President) and socks.
- Sorting: colored pasta or beans, Qwirkle, coins, poker chips.
- Puzzles and Word games: missing letters, scrabble, letter tiles and list word, photo puzzles, 3-2 piece letter or image puzzles.
- Arts & Crafts: easel & painting, flower arranging, loom & weaving.
- Drumming Circle: the residents will learn about rhythm and beats. We bring 10 hand drums, 4 hand percussion shakers, and 1 tambourine.
Call now 303/717-5134 or SOC@SensoryOutings.org.
Memory Care Communities – Our clients include MorningStar Senior Living at Littleton, Parker, Wheat Ridge, Jordan and Ridgegate, Juniper Village at Aurora and Louisville, Sunrise at Pinehurst, Garden Terrace Alzheimer’s Center of Excellence at Aurora, Chelsea Place, Willow Place and Greenridge Place at Anthem Memory Care, Bethany Care Center, Pine Trail Grove, Renew at Saddlerock, Cherry Hills Memory Care, Harvard Square Memory Care, Assured Assisted Living Homes, Lakewood Memory Care, Almost Like Home, Solange Assisted Living Homes, Sierra Care Center, Allison Care Center, Millbrook Homes, and ILA Senior Living.
We provide two SOC professionals to visit up to 15 residents in their community. This video shows what Sensory Outings provides for a memory care communities.
- For references email Robin Meehan (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Tiffany Artiga (TBarahonaArtiga@carillonatbelleviewstation.com).